Over 50 varieties of Chickens, Peacocks and Game fowl.
Hover over See Rare Breeds above in the navigation bar for a drop down of pages for each breed we’ve had on the farm – and may currently have.
You name it – You’ll see here that we have heritage chickens and great poultry that includes birds to call urban chickens, backyard chickens, rare chickens, endangered chickens, or just a really great pet chicken.
We even have the original “ancestors” of chicken breeds with two kinds of jungle fowl.
As well as other domestic fowl:
- rainbow of peafowl, peacocks, peahens, peachicks
- guinea hens.
We are a nonprofit and offer to the community at large:
- classes on things like basic chicken keeping.
- a community project called Chicks for Chicks to empower women to raise their own backyard flocks.
- support for urban chickens, barnyard chickens, backyard chickens and even pet chickens. (We love to see people loving their pet chickens, hens, roosters and all!)
Check the Chicken Breeds page to see them all.
Our Mission Statement
- To help preserve poultry in danger of extintion in the US to work towards maintaining quality and the genetic diversity of poultry
- including heritage, landrace, ornamental, and game -
while allowing and supporting the interest of biodiversity, sustainability,
AND better health for humans – physically and mentally.
We support the America Livestock Breed ConservancyALBC-USA.org.
We also support other groups and individuals working to save genetic diversity in animals that are referred to as “domestic.”